Thursday, October 11, 2012

New Product Alert!

What the Five Point Breastplate is to Eventing, the Bridge Breastplate is to Show Jumping. I've been wanting to make a bridge breastplate since I first saw them on numerous show jumpers at the 2010 World Equestrian Games. I had put it on the back burner until I saw them again at the London Olympics and decided that the timing was right to design one. They are not widely available in the US except for the very expensive one with the initials on it. Currently if you want to purchase a different brand you have to buy it from an overseas tack company and pay hefty shipping and duty fees.

Like clothing designers re-interpreting what they see on the runways, Five Star Tack will do its own interpretation of this popular European breastplate. A sample has just arrived from which revisions will be made to give it a distinctly Five Star look without the $360 price tag of the one with the initials on it. Like all of our products, it will be made from the best quality Sedgwick leather, beautifully stitched while providing comfort to your horse and security for your saddle.

This is what a bridge breastplate looks like:



My goal is to have it be fully adjustable to fit a wide variety of horses. I'll probably change the width of the straps for added strength, maybe add some elastic along with some padding and make the rings smaller. It will only be available in chocolate with stainless fittings for now. 

The plan is to have this available for Holiday Shopping. I hope it becomes a popular breastplate with our show jumping customers!

If you ever have a suggestion for a product you would like to see Five Star Tack make, send me an email at sales@fivestartack.com. 

Jamie

1 comment:

Me said...

Love it! Can't wait to see the finished product! I have one that I bought overseas and the one thing I wish it had was some elastic on the part that connects to the saddle. I'm sure I'll find some excuse to purchase another one...