Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Murphy's Law


This pretty much sums up how I feel this week (and I can do the hair too).


You know that old saying "When something can go wrong it will and at the worst possible moment"? Well, that's been the last couple of weeks. You see I am still waiting on a large order that I placed back in the middle of January to arrive. That would be the order that a. has about thirty back ordered items in it, and b. is the inventory I am taking to Rolex. Unfortunately in life you can't control everything and this is one to those things I have no control over. 

Despite adding in extra weeks to insure that the order arrived on time it still has wound up in the waste land known as Customs Clearance. Despite many calls to the shipping company and urgent pleas on my part (they must roll their eyes when that crazy woman calls yet again), the best I am able to get is an estimate of when I can expect delivery. What started as the end of March has turned into this Friday (best case), Saturday (not likely) or Monday of next week. If there was something that could go wrong with this order it has between not being completed by the stated time, getting picked up late and labeled for future delivery, lost paperwork, you name it and it's happened. Of course if I wasn't going to Rolex the order would have been here weeks ago. 

Unfortunately "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight" does not apply outside of the U.S. We are so accustomed to being able to get what we want in an instant and it can be hard to understand why the rest of the world does not operate in this manner. We expect good service from the companies that we do business with. I am like anyone else in this regard and it irritates me to not be able to provide the service people expect. It's no fun to have to yet again tell someone that the order they placed back in February is still out of stock especially now that the competition season is in full swing. Although considering the horror stories I've been told about importing products, I should consider myself lucky it hasn't been worse. I hope it doesn't get worse!

If you are waiting for an order I will make sure it ships before I leave for Rolex and I apologize the wait has been so long. 

Jamie

No comments: